LUND GENERAL STORE – STOCKPILE is LOOKING FOR A NEW STORE MANAGER
Lund General Store is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
The Lund General store is located in the center of picturesque Lund, B.C., where people from the village and surrounding rural areas gather to purchase their general goods or fresh food from our deli. The General store is also the last stop for travellers before embarking on adventure to desolation sound and beyond.
Store Manager Job Responsibilities
- Represent the store in a positive light and exhibit excellent customer service skills
- Train new employees
- Work closely with members of our Management team.
- Manage all aspects of our day-to-day business, including our beer and wine store; deli; and general store
- Regularly update Stockpile Market’s Social Media account.
- Employee scheduling and making changes to schedules
- Open and close the store on predetermined days
- Take responsibility for preparing the store for business and making sure all closing tasks are done before the end of the day
- Maintain high standards for store appearance and retail displays
- Research new products and purchase new inventory
- Evaluate store sales, prepare reports and suggest ways to increase sales and improve business
- Train employees in handling daily cash and filling out cash out reports
- Receiving and inputting inventory
- Responsible for purchasing inventory, including food, tobacco products and liquor orders
- Development of new sales or recruiting programs
- Hold employees to high standards of conduct and be responsible for noticing and correcting any negative behavior. Carry out any disciplinary measures needed.
- Managing inventory counts and working closely with our Finance team
- Embody the values of the company and put customers first
STORE Manager Job Requirements
- Great people and customer service skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- A constant desire for improvement and an eye for detail
- Responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness
- Meticulousness and good organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft systems (word,excel and outlook)
- Previous retail experience 5 years experience or equivalent.
- Strong work references
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with NCR POS system.
Those interested can forward their cover letter and resume to: Attention: Anthony George email@example.com Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.